Tag is a brilliant Mixed Social Sport, suitable for all shapes, sizes, ages and sporting abilities, where guys and girls play together in a competitive environment.
Games are 7 a side where you must have at least 3 girls on the pitch at all times. You can have up to an additional 7 subs on the sideline (so maximum squads of 14) and can swap them on and off as many times as you like over the course of a normal 40 minute game (2 x 20 min halves).
No Experience Required!
You don’t need any rugby experience as the game is all about running and passing where agility, speed and hand-eye co-ordination are the key skills. It is a soft contact sport, similar to basketball - so intentional impact, diving tackles and deliberate contact are forbidden and strictly penalised by our officials. Tag compliments a wide range of other sports, from soccer to Gaelic football and from hockey to tennis.
Each year, we have over 10,000 tag players in our leagues in 20+ venues all around the country with our Spring (usually 6 weeks from March to May) and Summer Leagues (usually 9 weeks from May to July) the most popular.
Your team plays one match per week on the same night and in the same venue. Kick off times are often 18:30, 19:15, 20:00 and 20:45... and your team will be playing at one of these times every week. So you will have some early games and some late matches.. Many venues take place on multiple nights - so you can choose the evening that suits you best.
The great thing about Tag is that it doesn’t end at the final whistle! Our Après-Tag Social Nights are legendary and a great place to mix with and meet new people. What better way to celebrate your victory / drown your sorrows after defeat than dropping into the bar for a drink with your team mates to analyse everyone's performance! So you are guaranteed to have a ball both on - and off - the pitch!
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO SHOWCASING
ALL THAT'S GREAT ABOUT OUR LEAGUES!
Create Your Own Team...or Join one of our Fun, Social Ones!
There are two ways that you can play:
- Create your own Team - you will need about 10-15 players who can be made up of work mates, school pals, college friends...anyone who is looking for some clean healthy fun!!!
- Sign up as an Individual to our Join a Team - and we'll find you a fun, social team with 9 like-minded guys and girls! When we have 5 guys and 5 girls signed up to a team, we will put you all in touch with each other and you will be your own super team! Perfect for players new to a city and looking to keep fit and meet new people!
SIGN UP TO TAG TODAY!
1. Create your own Team
Grab a gang of work mates, college pals, school friends etc and, once you have 10 to 15 players committed to joining forces, you can enter a full team yourself!
Click here to see the full list of venues and nights available in the upcoming leagues and then choose the one that suits your team best.
You should reserve your team spot now (at no cost) by clicking on the link below and, when you have filled in your relevant contact details, choose “Cheque” as your Payment Option. Follow the instructions and your team place will be confirmed, subject to full payment before the league starts!
If you wait to register until you have all the money collected from your team mates,
you may find that there are no places left!
Save Hassle by getting a Player Payment Link!
Our registration system also enables you get a payment link to send to your team mates, allowing them pay us direct and removing the hassle from you actually collecting the money! Here is what to do:
- Register a team as detailed above, choosing "Cheque" as your Payment Option.
- Log into your Captain’s Dashboard using the username and password emailed to you.
- You will see your registered team and it will say you have €0 paid and €XXX outstanding. So divide whatever’s outstanding between all the players on the squad and decide how much each person is to pay.
- Click on the relevant team name link .
- This brings you to the payment breakdown page, which tells you who has paid what and when (currently blank, obviously!).
- Click “Make Payment”.
- This brings you to the payment screen for this participant team.
- Copy the URL in the web address bar and paste it into an email.
- This is the link which you can send onto your team mates and they will be brought direct to this page to pay their balance online.
- You will now get an email every time someone pays their portion of the fee, allowing you track who has paid what etc. You can also log in at any stage to view who has and hasn’t paid.
- Follow this process every time you register a new team, namely
- 1. Register team as "Cheque" payment
- 2. Use up any Loyalty Points available
- 3. Divide outstanding balance between those on your squad
- 4. Get unique URL for team (detailed above)
- 5. Email this URL onto your team mates for them to pay their portion direct to us
- If you follow this procedure for each of your teams, you will be able to track all your payments and all your Loyalty Points!
2. Join a Fun, Social Team
If you don't have a full team already, then we'll help find you a great social team with 9 like-minded guys and girls! Below we have detailed the 4 Step Process on how to sign up.
Perfect for players new to a city, looking to keep fit and meet new people, we create over 50 teams involving 500 players in this way every year, with many of the teams continuing to play together when the initial league ends.
To register for one of our fun, social teams, follow this simple 4 Step Process below:
STEP 1: Click this button:
STEP 2: Select the City that you want to play Tag in and choose "Find a Team".
STEP 3: Pick a Team to Play On.
- All of the Teams listed are looking for Individuals to play with them
- Simply choose the Venue and Day that suits you best
- The Green Icon shows the number of Guys needed to fill the Team
- The Blue Icon show the number of Girls needed to fill the Team
- Click the relevant "Register Now" link
STEP 4: Payment
- Enter your Contact Details
- Pay by Visa or Mastercard
- When team is full (10 players), we will email you everyone's contact details!!